Also known as “earth’s butter,” velvety avocados add richness to your toast, and their heart-healthy fats will keep you satisfied till lunch. This is a favorite breakfast at Chez Carr-Fassett (my hubby loves it!).
- 2 slices of your favorite whole or sprouted grain bread, lightly toasted
- 0.5 avocado
- 0.5 lime
- red pepper flakes, to taste
- coarse sea salt, to taste
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
1. Toast bread slices. Slice a ripe avocado in half. Squeeze the meat of the avocado onto the toasted bread and spread it evenly.
2. Cut a lime in half and gently squeeze the juice over the avocado on your slices of toast.
3. Sprinkle red pepper flakes, sea salt, and black pepper to taste.
TIP: Toast toppers: Top your toast with your favorite additions such as: sun-dried tomatoes, Semi-Dried Tomatoes, thinly sliced cucumbers, cilantro, sprouts, roasted red pepper, sliced olives, sliced fresh chilies, or Sprouted Lentil and Heirloom Salsa.