Asparagus and Ricotta Flatbread with Arugula
Make your own flatbread! Roll out the dough and bake it until crispy, then top it with lemony ricotta and sautéed asparagus and tangy red onion. Top it with peppery arugula and parmesan - you’ll feel like you’re eating salad and pizza at the same time!
- 1 ball pizza dough
- 12 asparagus
- 2 cloves garlic
- 8 Ounce ricotta
- 0.25 cup parmesan cheese
- 2 Ounce arugula
- 1 lemon
- 1 red onion
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Remove the dough from the fridge. Line a baking sheet with foil and liberally grease it with 1 tablespoon oil. Halve, peel, and slice the onion. Trim the bottom inch of the asparagus, halve lengthwise and then cut into 2-inch pieces.
- Divide the dough into two equal pieces. With your hands, stretch out the pizza dough, working your way from the center to the outside edge. Once stretched out, place it on the baking sheet and stretch it out a bit more, until it is about an 8 inch rough circle. Repeat with the other piece of dough. Poke the dough with a fork and season with salt. Bake for 15 minutes.
- While the dough bakes, heat ½ tablespoon olive oil in a pan over medium heat. Add the asparagus and onion. Cook for 4-5 minutes, tossing, until the onions and asparagus are softened. Season with salt and pepper. Add the garlic and cook for 30 more seconds, until fragrant.
- In a bowl, season the ricotta with salt and pepper. Zest the lemon over the bowl and stir to combine. Take the dough out of the oven and top with ricotta. Divide the onion and asparagus on top of the dough and return to the oven. Bake for 5 more minutes.
- While the flatbreads finish in the oven, toss the arugula with ½ tablespoon olive oil, salt, pepper, and the juice of half the lemon.
- Finish: Serve each flatbread with a handful of arugula on top and a sprinkling of parmesan cheese.