Asian Quinoa and Vegetable Salad
- 1.5 cup quinoa (uncooked)
- 2 Tbsp sesame seeds + some for garnish
- 0.75 cup cilantro, roughly chopped
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 3 celery stalks, ¼ inch slices
- 3 carrots, ¼ inch slices
- 0.5 medium purple cabbage, sliced thinly
- 1 medium cucumber, seeded and cubed
- 0.75 tsp salt
- Soak quinoa for 15 minutes. Rinse well in a fine mesh strainer, until water runs clear and is not foamy. Bring 2¼ cups water and salt to a boil, add quinoa and reduce to a simmer. Cover and cook for 15 minutes. Remove from heat and steam with lid on for an additional 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork.
- Combine quinoa with vegetables and sesame seeds.
- 1 pinch of cayenne
- 1.5 Tbsp honey
- 0.375 cup ¼ cup + 2 tablespoons tamari (or soy sauce)
- 0.375 cup ¼ cup + 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 0.5 inch fresh ginger, grated
- 1 Zest & juice from 1 lemon
- 0.25 cup sesame oil
- Whisk together lemon juice and zest, ginger, rice vinegar, honey and cayenne. Slowly whisk in sesame oil to emulsify. Dressing ingredients can also be combined in a blender.
- Stir dressing into quinoa and vegetables. Garnish with sesame seeds.