Apricot, Maple & Oat Compote
- 2 cup milk (full or low-fat)
- 0.5 cup oat bran
- 4 Tbsp honey
- pinch of salt
- 5 apricots, cut in quarters
- 3 Tbsp maple syrup
- 0.25 cup sunflower seeds (toasted)
- In a saucepot, combine the milk with the oat bran and honey then cook for 3 – 5 minutes.
- In the mean time place the apricots in a pan and add water just enough to cover them. Bring to a simmer and cook for about 5 minutes or a little longer until tender. Add the maple syrup and place them in a blender to puree.
- Using a glass or jar, layer the oat bran, compote and top with sunflower seeds. Decadent start to the day!
For the full post, visit Dalia's Kitchen.