Apple-Glazed Barbecued Baby Back Ribs
Serving Size: 4
- 0.5 cup dark brown sugar
- 2 2-lb. rack baby back rib
- 0.25 cup honey
- 0.25 cup apple jelly, melted
- 0.5 cup apple cider
- 0.25 tsp freshly ground white pepper
- 0.25 tsp cinnamon
- 0.25 tsp cayenne pepper
- 0.5 tsp celery salt
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 2 tsp salt
- 4 tsp pure ancho chili powder
- 4 tsp garlic salt
- 1 cup prepared barbecue sauce
- Preheat the oven to 250°. In a bowl, mix 1/4 cup of the sugar with the garlic salt, chile powder, salt, black pepper, celery salt, cayenne, cinnamon and white pepper. Transfer 1 tablespoon of the spice mix to a medium bowl and whisk in the cider, apple jelly, honey and the remaining 1/4 cup of sugar.
- Pull the membrane off the underside of each rib rack using a towel to grasp the corner. On a rimmed baking sheet, rub the ribs with the remaining spice mix; bake, meaty side up, for 2 1/2 hours. Pour the cider mixture over the ribs and turn to coat. Tightly cover with foil and bake for 1 hour.
- Light a grill. Uncover the ribs and brush with the barbecue sauce; grill over moderate heat, turning and brushing, until glazed, 15 minutes. Let rest for 10 minutes, then cut between the bones and serve.