Apple Fritter Pancake Puppies
Every bite is a mini Apple Fritter-Pancake experience! Crispy on the outside, moist, tender & fluffy on the inside. They’re totally filled with cinnamony, apple pie-ish decadence. Every burst of warm, gooey apple suspended throughout each puffy pancake puppy will make your ordinary morning EXTRA-ordinary! You won’t believe this is ‘breakfast’!
Thennn..when you plunge them deep into some warm melted Maple Cinnamon Butter, you’ll be taken to a new level of pancake happiness! You just might moan and groan out loud..so be prepared!
- 1 cup pancake mix
- 2 Tbsp water
- 0.75 cup apple pie filling
- 1 tsp allspice
- 3 Tbsp butter
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- oil for frying
- In a medium bowl add the pancake mix, water, pie filling and all spice.
- Work it into a dough, smearing the apple pie filling slices into the dough with the back of your spoon. It should be a very thick batter.
- Heat the oil in a medium pan and drop in tablespoon sized dollops of the batter.
- Fry up both sides evenly. Drain and cool.
- While they’re cooling, make the melted cinnamon maple butter.
- Simply melt the butter and Cinnamon together (I used a microwave), and then drizzle in the maple syrup. Stir it up!
- Plunge a puppy into that buttery perfection, grab a fork and take a sweet, fluffy, buttery bite! Enjoy!
Read more from Oh, Bite It.