Apple, Fennel, Celery & Toasted Walnut Salad
Serving Size: 3
This salad is simple to make, looks great on a platter or simply tossed in a big bowl.
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 0.5 cup toasted walnuts
- 2 Tbsp fennel fronds
- 1 cup thinly sliced fennel
- 3 stalks of celery, thinly sliced
- 1 cup micro greens
- 5 Ounce baby spinach
- 2 small apples, thinly sliced
- Fill a large mixing bowl with cold water. Add the tablespoon of lemon juice and the apple slices. This will keep the apples from browning.
- Spread the baby spinach and micro greens out on a large platter, scatter the sliced celery, fennel, fennel fronds, and walnuts over the top of the greens.
- Remove the apples from the lemon water and dry in a salad spinner or with paper towels. Tuck the apple slices in between the spinach leaves and across the top of the salad.
- 2 tsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp coarsely chopped tarragon
- 2.5 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 4 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 0.25 tsp sugar
- In a mason jar combine the olive oil, apple cider vinegar, tarragon, lemon juice, and sugar. Seal the lid tightly and shake vigorously until the mixture is emulsified. Serve immediately.
For the full post, visit Beard + Bonnet.