Apple Cranberry Quinoa Salad
Feel free to use any type of Balsamic dressing. I recommend using one that is a little bit sweet.
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 cup water
- 2 cup butternut squash (about 1/2 medium sized squash
- 0.25 cup dried cranberries
- 0.25 cup almonds
- 1 medium apple
- 2 Tbsp balsamic vinaigrette
- 1 Tbsp brown sugar
- Start by rinsing and draining your quinoa. Then bring the water to a boil. Add quinoa and boil for about 15 minutes, or until the water has been absorbed. While that’s boiling, peel and dice your squash into 1 inch cubes. Spread onto a greased baking sheet and roast in the oven for about 35 minutes, at 350 degrees. Let the quinoa cool and add in cranberries. These will absorb the last bit of moisture. Then add the almonds.
- Once the squash is soft, let cool, and stir into the quinoa mixture. Shortly before serving, dice your apple and toss it in. (You can do it ahead of time but it’ll get a little brown.) Drizzle with balsamic vinaigrette, sprinkle with brown sugar and serve!
Read more from I Heart Vegetables.