Apple Cole Slaw with Poppy Seed Dressing
This recipe is quick and easy to put together. Whisk together the dressing ingredients, stir into the veggies, and refrigerate for at least one hour prior to enjoying. This allows the flavors to fully set in.
- 2 packages Three-color Cole Slaw mix OR 2 cups shredded green cabbage, 1 1/2 cups shredded red cabbage, and 1 cup matchstick carrots
- 1 Granny Smith apple, julienned
- 2 Tbsp mayonnaise
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- Juice of one lemon
- 1 Tbsp poppy seeds
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- In a large bowl, combine the green cabbage, red cabbage, carrot and apple.
- In a large glass measuring cup, whisk together the mayonnaise, olive oil, vinegar, lemon juice, poppy seeds, salt and pepper, to taste.
- Pour mixture over cabbage mixture and stir using a rubber spatula until well combined. Cover and place in the refrigerator for at least one hour.
- Serve cold.
For the full post, visit Kitchen Joy.