Serving Size: 6
Fiery chipotle gives a kick, and the iron in shrimp keeps you high-energy.
- 2 Tbsp pumpkin seeds
- 6 cup kale, stems removed, chopped
- 1 Tbsp orange zest
- 2 Pound medium-large shrimp, peeled
- 1 Tbsp cornstarch
- Ounce low-sodium vegetable broth
- 0.5 cup Grand Marnier orange liqueur
- 0.5 tsp ground cumin
- 4 tsp chopped garlic, divided
- 2 tsp chipotle powder
- 0.25 cup dried cherries, chopped
- 0.75 cup diced white onion
- 2 Tbsp olive oil, divided
- 0.5 cup golden raisins
- 3 cup cooked brown rice
- In a small pan over high heat, toast pumpkin seeds, stirring constantly, until lightly brown, 1 to 2 minutes.
- In a food processor, puree raisins and 1/4 cup water 1 minute. In a large pan over medium heat, heat 1 tbsp oil. Add onion; cook until translucent, 5 minutes. Stir in raisin puree, cherries, chipotle, 1 tsp garlic and cumin; cook 1 minute. Add Grand Marnier and cook, stirring, until alcohol is cooked out, 1 to 2 minutes. Add broth and bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer. In a bowl, dissolve cornstarch in 1 tbsp cold water. Gradually add cornstarch mixture to broth mixture to thicken; reduce heat and simmer 7 to 10 minutes. Add shrimp; cook until pale white, 5 minutes. Stir in zest; season with salt and pepper.
- Transfer to a bowl and set aside. In pan, heat remaining 1 tbsp oil. Cook kale and 3 tsp garlic, stirring, until kale starts to wilt, 3 to 5 minutes. Strain juices and combine with rice. Divide rice mixture, shrimp and seeds among 6 plates.