Almond-Sesame Noodles with Kelp Pasta
This cold sesame noodles recipe made with kelp noodles and almond butter is healthy, raw, vegan and gluten-free.
- 12 Ounce kelp noodles
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp raw honey
- 1 Tbsp gluten-free tamari
- 0.25 cup water
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 small garlic clove
- 0.5 small shallot
- 1 small jalapeno, ribs and seeds removed
- 0.25 cup almond butter
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 carrot, peeled and julienned
- 0.5 tsp salt
- Rinse the kelp noodles in a colander and cut in half (roughly) with scissors. This will make it easier to toss them in the sauce. Transfer to a mixing bowl with the carrots and scallions.
- In a food processor, combine the remaining ingredients and puree until smooth. Add more water as necessary so the sauce is thinner than ranch dressing.
- Add the sauce to the mixing bowl and toss until the noodles are very well coated. Serve immediately or store in the fridge for up to a week.
Notes: You can find kelp noodles at the health food store. They are usually stored at room temperature in the pasta isle.
For the full post, visit Feed Me Phoebe.