Almond Blueberry Lemon Muffins
I'm not home as much lately with all of the running around I'm doing getting ready for the kitchen reno, vacation and school/sports activities, but I continue to buy food like I am. For example, I bought so much fruit last week that we could never possibly eat it all. In fact, I still have a half of watermelon I have to cut up! Anyway, I had purchased 2 large containers of fresh blueberries and the second one wasn't going to make it much longer. So I decided to make these muffins for the kids to take for breakfast. They both aren't fond of a big breakfast, so these little muffins were perfect and had a great flavor. I just love the combination of lemons and blueberries, don't you?
- 1 cup almond meal/flour (I used Trader Joe's brand)
- 1 lemon, zest and juice
- 2 cup blueberry (I used fresh but you can use frozen)
- 1 egg
- 0.5 cup canola oil
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 0.5 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup bread flour (I used King Arthur)
- 0.5 cup water
- In a bowl, mix together both flours, baking soda and salt. Set aside. In another larger bowl, mix together the sugar, oil, egg, lemon zest and juice and water until it's smooth.
- Add in the flour mixture and mix well, then fold in the blueberries. Pour batter into lined or sprayed (with cooking spray) muffin/cupcake pans and bake at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes (until top springs back when touched).
Read more from Carrie's Experimental Kitchen.