All Natural Shamrock Shake
This creamy, minty shake gets it’s color from real mint plus a little avocado. It tastes as minty and creamy as the original version, only you can rest assured you’re only eating real, natural ingredients.
- 0.5 cup low-fat milk (1% or 2%)
- 0.25 of an avocado
- 3 big scoops organic vanilla ice cream
- big handful of fresh mint leaves
- 0.5 tsp to 1 tsp peppermint extract
- ice cubes, to taste
- 1 square organic or all-natural mint chocolate (optional)
- Place milk, avocado, mint and peppermint extract (I used 1 tsp) in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Add ice cream, 5-6 ice cubes and chocolate (if using) and pulse, then blend on high until you have desired milkshake consistency. Add more ice cubes if desired.
Notes: If this shake is not sweet enough for you, blend in 1 Tbsp agave syrup. If you want an even greener color, add a small handful of spinach leaves - you won't even taste them!
For the full post, visit Eating Made Easy.