7-Layer Meatless Tortilla Pie
- 2 Can (about 15 ounces each) pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup Pace® Picante Sauce
- 0.25 tsp garlic powder or 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 Can (about 15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 small tomato, chopped (about 1/2 cup)
- 7 flour tortilla (8-inch)
- 8 Ounce shredded cheddar cheese (about 2 cups)
Mash the pinto beans in a medium bowl with a fork. Stir in 3/4 cup picante sauce and the garlic powder.
Stir the remaining picante sauce, cilantro, black beans and tomato in a medium bowl.
Place 1 tortilla onto a baking sheet. Spread 3/4 cup pinto bean mixture over the tortilla to within 1/2-inch of the edge. Top with 1/4 cup cheese. Top with 1 tortilla and 2/3 cup black bean mixture. Top with 1/4 cup cheese. Repeat the layers twice more. Top with the remaining tortilla and spread with the remaining pinto bean mixture. Cover with aluminum foil.
Bake at 400°F. for 40 minutes or until the filling is hot. Uncover the pie. Top with the remaining cheese. Cut the pie into 6 wedges. Serve with additional picante sauce and sprinkle with additional cilantro, if desired.