5-Ingredient Gluten-Free Sweet Potato Gnocchi
Serving Size: 2
The combination of sweet potatoes, millet flour and almond flour give the gnocchi a slightly sweet and nutty flavor.
- 0.5 cup + 2 tablespoons of mashed & smooth, roasted sweet potato (157 grams)
- 0.25 cup millet flour (30 grams)
- 0.25 cup + 1 tablespoon almond flour (38 grams)
- 0.25 cup + 1 tablespoon tapioca starch (38 grams)
- 0.25 tsp salt
- Whisk the flours/starch and salt together. Put the mashed sweet potato in a large bowl and add half of the hour mixture. Lightly need it in with your hands, then add the other half and knead just until no flour streaks remain. Pull it together into one ball – the mixture should not be too sticky. If it is, add another tablespoon of almond flour and 1/2 tablespoon tapioca starch.
- Then flatten into a disc. Cut the disc into fours. Dust a clean surface with millet flour. Roll out each piece with your hands & fingers on the surface until you create a snake-like piece about 6 inches long, and 1/2 inch wide. Then with a knife cut individual gnocchi, about 1 inch long. Press the tines of your fork lightly into them to make the indents.
- Repeat for each piece of dough. Coat lightly with more of the flour mix just so it doesn’t stick when you cut it.
- In a medium pot of boiling water, pour half of the gnocchi into the water. Wait until they begin to float to the top and then remove with a slotted spoon and lay on a cutting board. Repeat with the remaining gnocchi. Put gnocchi in the refrigerator for 5 minutes, then add 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil to a skillet. Saute gnocchi for 5-6 minutes on medium heat, stirring, until they are crisp on the outside. Enjoy sprinkled with coarse sea salt and fresh herbs, or this Roasted Garlic Pasta Sauce.
For the full post, visit Heartbeet Kitchen.