40 Clove Garlic Chicken
Do not be put off by the idea of too much garlic. The garlic takes on a much more subtle flavor when cooked than fresh garlic. The result is a somewhat sweeter flavor with those familiar garlic undertones. Save the garlic for some other great dishes. Try mashing it up and using it on bruschetta or blend a little of it with mayonnaise for a robust sandwich spread.
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 3 Tbsp butter
- 5 Pound chicken pieces (bone in)
- salt and pepper
- cloves garlic (approximately 3-4 heads)
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 3 Tbsp brandy (optional)
- 5 sprigs fresh thyme
- Remove the skin from the chicken and pat it dry. Add salt and pepper liberally to the outside of the chicken. Heat olive oil and butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Place the chicken in the pan and brown for 2 minutes on each side. Place browned chicken in a slow cooker.
- Reduce heat to medium and add garlic cloves. Sauté for 2-3 minutes or until softer and lightly browned. Add chicken stock, brandy (optional), and thyme sprigs. Cook for another minute or two scraping the bottom to deglaze the pan.
- Pour the garlic mixture over the chicken in the slow cooker. Set the slow cooker to low and cook for 4 hours.
- Serve with rice or pasta and fresh vegetables. Garnish with a fresh sprig of thyme if desired.
For the full post, visit Today's Nest.