3 Ingredient Pizza Dough
Serving Size: 3
Did you know that all you need to whip up a fabulous pizza dough is greek yogurt and self-rising flour?
I just blew your mind, didn't I?
- 1 cup self-rising flour
- 8 Ounce fat-free plain greek yogurt
- 1 Tbsp dried Italian seasoning
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. and lightly spray a baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
- Combine all ingredients into a bowl. I used a homemade dry italian seasoning mix, but feel free to use any combination of seasoning that tickles your fancy. Just be sure to account for it as I left this out of the nutritional information above.
- Blend it all together until soft dough begins to form. To accomplish this, I used my stand mixer with the paddle attachment at a low speed for a minute or two.
- I started out with 6 oz. of greek yogurt, but ended up adding in another 2 tbsp. to get the consistency that I was looking for. The amount of yogurt will somewhat depend on flour brand and climate.
- With lightly floured hands, roll your dough into a ball (or divide evenly into separate balls if you're making smaller 'personal' pizzas like I did!)
- On a well floured surface, roll the dough out into a crust and toss onto your prepared baking sheet. I rolled mine out pretty thin because I'm a fan of a thin-and-crispy crust.
- Top the dough with your favorite sauce, toppings and another amazing things of your choice. I went pretty standard with a quick homemade pizza sauce, cheese, black olives, fresh mushrooms and mini pepperonis; all favorites of my daughter since we did this as a 'build-your-own pizza night'.
- Place in the oven and bake for 20-30 minutes, or until cooked through to your liking.
NOTE: This will make 1 full size pizza or 3-4 individuals.
For the full post, visit The Skinny Fork.