15 Minute Creamy Sun-Dried Tomato Basil Cashew Pasta
If you are a meat person you could add some grilled chicken or whichever meat you prefer. Plus, everyone will love the sauce. It’s a classic turned crazy easy and good for you too!
- 1.5 cup roasted cashews
- 0.25 tsp pepper
- 0.5 tsp crushed red pepper
- 0.5 cup fresh parmesan cheese, grated, plus more for garnish (optional)
- 2 Tbsp fresh oregano
- 0.75 cup fresh basil, plus more for garnish
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, divided
- 0.75 oil packed sun-dried tomatoes, slightly drained
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 Pound dried pappardelle (or other long cut pasta)
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- In the bowl of a food processor add the cashews and process 1 - 2 minutes or until the cashews start to become powdery. Add the garlic and process another minute. Add the sun-dried tomatoes and 1/2 cup of grape tomatoes and pulse until the sauce is a thick paste and red in color. Add the basil and pulse until finely chopped and combined.
- Drop the pasta in the boiling water and boil according to package directions. Just before draining the pasta use a heat safe glass measuring cup and scoop out 1 1/2 cups of boiling pasta water. Drain the pasta.
- With the food processor running slowly stream in the hot boiling pasta water until the paste becomes a sauce. Be careful not to add too much water all at once so you don't end up with a thinner sauce than you want. I used all 1 1/2 cups of water, but if you like a thick or thinner sauce use more or less. Add in the parmesan cheese if using and pulse a few times to combine.
- Divide the pasta among 4-6 plates and top with a generous amounts of sauce. Slice the remaining grape tomatoes in half and sprinkle over the pasta. Garnish each plate with fresh basil and parmesan cheese if desired. Dig in!
Read more from Half Baked Harvest.