1-2-3 Cherry Poke Cake
Serving Size: 12
- 16 Ounce (1 loaf) frozen pound cake, thawed
- 0.75 cup boiling water
- 3 Ounce (1 pkg) Jell-O Cherry Flavor Gelatin
- 0.25 cup cold water
- 1 Ounce BAKER'S semi-sweet chocolate
- 2 cup thawed Cool Whip Whipped Topping, divided
- 1.5 cup cherry pie filling, divided
- Remove foil lid from cake package. (Do not remove cake from pan.) Pierce cake with skewer at 1/2-inch intervals, poking skewer through cake to bottom of pan.
- ADD boiling water to gelatin mix in small bowl; stir 2 min. until completely dissolved. Stir in cold water; pour over cake. Refrigerate 1 hour. Meanwhile, make curls from semi-sweet chocolate.
- INVERT cake onto platter. Cut cake horizontally in half. Spread bottom half of cake with 1/3 cup COOL WHIP; cover with 1 cup pie filling and top cake layer. Frost top and sides of cake with remaining COOL WHIP.
- Garnish with remaining pie filling and chocolate curls.