is a sparkling gem in the desert, the crown jewel of the United Arab Emirates. If you want a destination encompassing every imaginable luxury as well as rugged outdoor adventures, consider Dubai for your next vacation. There are many things to do in Dubai -- here are our top ten suggestions.
– When searching for things to do in Dubai, you may not realize that there is world-class shopping in this magnificent city. Shopping in Dubai can be exciting, as seen at the Dubai Mall where you find more than just high-end stores like Oscar de la Renta and Valentino but also entertainment and activities for the entire family. With a beautiful fountain display, the Dubai Ice Rink, and the Dubai Aquairum it will be easy to spend a whole day exploring all the sights in the Dubai Mall.
– Located in the Atlantis
resort, this is another example of things to do in Dubai that are ideal for any age. Atlantis Dubai's waterpark has everything from a Dolphin Bay where you can interact with dolphins to Aquaventure
, a 42-acre area with slides, rapids, an area for kids, and a beach. If diving is of interest to you, whether you are experienced or a first-time participator, take advantage of the Atlantis Dive Centre and head to any number of dive sites off the coast of Dubai.
– Some of the things to do in Dubai include the largest and most impressive of their kind in the world. The Burj Khalifa is one of these; it is the tallest building of the world. Standing at over 2,716 feet, the Burj Khalifa contains an observation deck with stunning views, offices, private residences, and the Armani Hotel
. Dine at one of several fine restaurants and make sure to remember your camera for the postcard-worthy photographs you can take from the observation deck.
– One of the things to do in Dubai that doesn't involve sand and desert heat is skiing. Yes, skiing Dubai is a popular pastime for locals and tourists alike. Ski Dubai is an enclosed building that blows snow year-round and offers slopes for skiing, sledding, and snowboarding. The littlest visitors will also be happy playing in the snow and building snowmen while Mom and Dad can watch with hot cocoa in hand.
Jumeirah Beach Park
– This is a wonderful area with many things to do in Dubai. It is a park situated right on the beach, complete with tables, grills, and play areas for kids. Whether you want to swim in the ocean or the pool, the Jumeirah Beach Park has both to offer. Enjoy time on land and then cool off in the water!
– If you want things to do in Dubai involving shopping outside a mall, then the Gold Souk might be up your alley. Souk
is the Arabic word for market or street, and this is literally a street lined with vendors selling products made of gold. Dazzling, breathtaking, and filled with quality jewelry, the Gold Souk is a great way to spend a few hours and purchase some great souvenirs.
– Treat yourself at the Talise Spa, one of the things to do in Dubai that will leave you rested and rejuvenated. Enjoy spa services like Balinese Massage, Cupping, and and Organic Peat Bath, then relax in the swimming pool or sauna. Begin or end your visit with an indoor or outdoor yoga session and taste the peace that a Talise Spa visit provides.
– One of the most exhilarating things to do in Dubai is dune driving outside the city limits. Hire a guide and experience the thrill of riding in a 4x4 on the massive and expansive sand dunes. Shifting sand and abrupt drops all add to the fun as your expert guide drives you through the mysterious and ever-changing world of the desert.
Camel Riding – No trip to the desert would be complete without riding a camel, making this one of the top things to do in Dubai. Camel riding is similar to horseback riding, except you are further off the ground and their gait is different. There are camel tour operators that can guide you across the dunes for a gorgeous sunset ride, often as a part of overnight desert safaris!
Dubai City Tour
– One of the greatest things to do in Dubai is to take a tour of the city. Whether you are touring solo or as part of a guided group, a few sights to put on the list are the Jumeirah Mosque and the Dubai museum. Take some time and explore the magnificence in both old and new Dubai!Photo courtesy of Jumeirah