ESPN's Katie Nolan snuck into LeBron James' ESPYs after-party by posing as USWNT star Rose Lavelle
- Every year, LeBron James hosts an ESPYs after-party that is "famously impossible to get into."
- ESPN host Katie Nolan was not on the list, but sneaked into the party by pretending to be United States Women's National Team World Cup champion Rose Lavelle.
- Nolan shared the story from that night on her "Sports?" podcast.
- She also got to meet James, who got her and ESPN's Cassidy Hubarth and Dianna Russini drinks.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
Every year after the ESPYs, LeBron James hosts an "Uninterrupted" after-party that is "famously impossible to get into," according to ESPN host Katie Nolan.
During this past week's episode of her podcast "Sports?" Nolan told listeners that she wasn't on the list to get in, but fellow ESPN reporters and close friends Dianna Russini and Cassidy Hubarth were both invited. However, Nolan said that just because someone is on the list, doesn't mean they will always get in.
Nonetheless, Nolan tagged along with the Russini and Hubarth after the main ESPYs party to try her luck.
While the three were waiting in line to give their names, United States Women's National Team breakout star Rose Lavelle was leaving, which worked in Nolan's favor.
"The woman [at the door] has her little iPad with the list on it," Nolan said. "Again, to reiterate: Cassidy and Dianna, on that list. Me, no, not at all. Never even sniffed it."
Russini and Hubarth were both cleared to enter. Nolan was the last to have to give her name and was unsure what to say.
"Dianna goes, 'It's L-A-V … Rose, how do you spell your last name?'" Nolan said. She finished spelling Lavelle and to her shock, was cleared to enter.
"It was brilliant. It was absolutely brilliant," Nolan said.
Nolan also shared during the episode that she had met Lavelle earlier that night and the two bonded over Lavelle's tweets, particularly one about dogs and chocolate.
Nolan even got introduced to James at the party by Hubarth. He hugged her hello and invited them into the VIP section. Once Russini joined them and ordered a vodka cranberry from James, he personally got drinks for all three.
"LeBron is super nice," Nolan said. "My personal experience with LeBron James is that he's a super nice guy."
Nolan's surreal experience couldn't have happened without Lavelle. People even congratulated Nolan on her win thinking she was Lavelle.
- LeBron James went bonkers at his son Bronny's AAU tournament, dunking in the kids' layup line and celebrating so hard he lost his shoe
- The most iconic athlete born in every state
- LeBron James offered a warning to those playing against his son after Bronny nearly threw down a monstrous poster dunk: 'Just hope it's not you'