These are the top 32 quarterbacks in the NFL, according to 'Madden 20'
- "Madden" rates more than 3,000 NFL players each season, but the game's ratings adjusters say that quarterbacks are the hardest to judge.
- Reigning NFL MVP and "Madden 20" cover star Patrick Mahomes has ascended to the ranks of Madden's top-rated quarterbacks, while Aaron Rodgers has fallen out of the top five.
- "Madden NFL 20" will be released for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC on August 2.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
Quarterback is the most vital position on the football field and NFL teams will pay top dollar to ensure they have a top player commanding their offense. After all, having an efficient quarterback can make the difference between turning a mediocre team into a potential playoff contender.
"Madden 20" has rated more than 3,000 players for the upcoming NFL season and Electronic Arts has promised that this year's game will have more lower ratings to make the game more realistic and help elite players stand out on the field.
While every player rating is based on more than 50 different attributes, the game's ratings adjusters said that quarterbacks take the most time to judge properly because they have eight extra stats that are exclusive to their position. Mobile quarterbacks like Kyler Murray and Russell Wilson also require extra attention to ensure that they're properly balanced compared to running backs.
While both Tom Brady and Aaron Rodgers managed to earn a max rating of 99 overall last year, none of the league's signal callers managed to make the 99 Club this year. While Rodgers threw just two interceptions last season, "Madden 20" no longer considers him among the league's top five quarterbacks. Instead, the game has boosted cover star Patrick Mahomes and resurgent Chargers quarterback Phillip Rivers to the top of the ranks.
EA will continue to adjust player ratings as the season progresses, so there's plenty of time for these ratings to shift, but here's how "Madden 20" rates the NFL's top 32 quarterbacks going into the season.
"Madden NFL 20" will be released for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC on August 2. You can get access to the game three days early by joining EA's Origin Access Premier or by preordering the $80 Superstar Edition.
- 15 of the 25 'prospective corporate sponsors' of the Straight Pride parade are joining Netflix in refusing involvement, and some are threatening legal action
- 'Super Mario Maker 2' was the best-selling game of June, and the Nintendo Switch continues to dominate the sales charts
- The 6 main differences between buying a Tesla and buying a car from other brands