Chicago man arrested for allegedly making fake 911 calls for fun

A Chicago man was arrested last Friday for repeatedly calling 911 to falsely report a bomb threat and that officers had been shot, according WMAQ

Terreance M. King, 22, was charged with disorderly conduct after he allegedly admitted to police that he used his own cell phone to make 10 emergency calls for his own amusement. King told authorities that he purposely directed responders to addresses around his South Side home so he could watch them arrive at the scene. 


Photo: Cook County Sheriff's Department

In many of the calls, King reportedly used the aliases "Antoine" and "Whodie" to claim that officers had been shot near his residence. He also contacted the city's emergency dispatch center at least once to falsely phone in a bomb threat. 

During King's initial court hearing on Sunday, prosecutors said he was previously convicted of aggravated sexual assault in 2011.

King's public defender told the judge that his client is now enrolled in Job Corps, a federal program that provides vocational training, along with residential education, to young adults between the ages of 16 and 24. 

King's bail was set at $25,000. If released, he will be electronically monitored and ordered to stay in the same apartment where he made the bogus calls, WMAQ notes. 

Read Full Story

Sign up for Breaking News by AOL to get the latest breaking news alerts and updates delivered straight to your inbox.

Subscribe to our other newsletters

Emails may offer personalized content or ads. Learn more. You may unsubscribe any time.