Morning Brief: The top news and buzzy moments you need to know
Welcome to the Morning Brief where we give you a rundown of everything you may have missed the night before and what's trending this morning. To dive deeper into these stories click on the links.
1. Ivanka Trump defends use of private email, brushes aside Mueller probe
She is adamant they bear no resemblance to Hillary Clinton's email scandal, which her father eagerly and frequently condemned as part of his campaign for president.
2. Relatives of victims in MH370 disappearance say they have found new debris
Flight MH370 was on its way from Kuala Lumpur to Beijing on March 8, 2014, with 239 people on board, when it disappeared and became one of the world's greatest aviation mysteries.
3. Giant steer has internet saying, 'Holy Cow!'
A Holstein-Friesian steer in western Australia stands head and shoulders above its competition ― literally. Knickers, a 7-year-old steer who lives on a farm near Lake Preston, is a whopping 6 feet, 4 inches tall.
4. 49ers inspired NASA engineers' Mars landing celebration
The slapping and snapping engineers that have gone viral are Brooke and Gene -- and they worked on their handshake for six weeks.
5. Historical society apologizes for 'dreaming of a white Dorchester' card
What was meant to be a twist on a Bing Crosby classic raised more than a few eyebrows in a Boston neighborhood whose majority population is nonwhite.
6. Paul Manafort denies meeting WikiLeaks founder
Manafort's statement came one day after Special Counsel Robert Mueller's office told a federal judge that Manafort had breached his plea agreement by lying repeatedly to the FBI despite pledging to cooperate with the probe.
7. 'SpongeBob Squarepants' creator Stephen Hillenburg dies
Stephen Hillenburg, the creator of the megahit Nickelodeon cartoon series “SpongeBob SquarePants,” died on Monday. He was 57.
8. Mexico to grant the highest honor to Jared Kushner
Mexico will bestow its highest honor for foreign nationals on US President Donald Trump's son-in-law Jared Kushner for his role in saving the country's free-trade agreement with the United States and Canada.
9. UFC boss blasts 'cokehead' Oscar De La Hoya
Dana White mentioned cocaine several times in the 10-minute rant, referencing De La Hoya’s struggle with cocaine addiction that he has spoken about publicly.
10. Adam Levine protests ‘The Voice’ results
“I’ve got to ask everybody this question,” Adam shouted to the booing, protesting studio audience. “Does it feel right for this guy to go home?"