Welcome to the Morning Brief where we give you a rundown of everything you may have missed the night before and what's trending this morning. To dive deeper into these stories click on the links.
1. Report: 70 percent of registered voters didn't vote in the 2018 midterm elections
According to a national survey of the electorate, nonvoters said the biggest reason for them not voting was because they didn't like politics.
2. Laura Ingraham mocks Taylor Swift after Republican triumph in Tennessee: ‘Haters Gonna Hate’
The FOX News host took a jab at Taylor Swift on Tuesday evening, mocking the pop star over her support of Tennessee Senate candidate Phil Bredesen.
3. A record number of women ran -- and got elected -- for Congress this year
At least 100 women were elected to the House of Representatives this year and overall, 237 women ran for the House as major-party candidates.
4. Demi Lovato breaks social media silence post-rehab
The pop star, who completed her 90-day stint in rehab after a nearly-fatal overdose, surfaced online for the first time on Tuesday.
5. Miami voters endorse David Beckham's stadium plan
Voters approved a measure on Tuesday that will help David Beckham and his ownership group build a soccer-specific stadium for an upcoming Major League Soccer team.
6. Senior Citizens are replacing teenagers at fast-food joints
Seniors are showing up at casual dining chains such as Bob Evans and fast-food operators like McDonald’s Corp., which says it plans to make senior citizens one hiring focus in the coming year.
7. Trump mocks GOP losers who kept their distance from him
President Donald Trump mocked members of his own party who were defeated in the midterm elections after suggesting that the Republicans' loss of a House majority could turn out to be "extremely good" for him politically.
8. How pizza drivers became Election Day heroes
Pizza to the Polls helped facilitate the delivery of more than 10,000 free pizzas to thousands of voters braving lines across the nation.
9. Emma Thompson wears sneakers to be honored at Buckingham Palace
Thompson saved herself from wearing a pair of fancy heels that surely would have distracted her during her big moment with Prince William.
10. Would Al Roker replace Megyn Kelly on 'Today'?
The move would be a full-circle moment for Roker, who joined the NBC morning show full-time in 1996, as it was "Megyn Kelly Today" that replaced "Today's Take" in the 9 a.m. hour last year.