Cristiano Ronaldo pushed back against rape allegations first made against him last year as “fake news” as the woman says she wants to void their $375,000 settlement agreement.
“What they said today? Fake, fake news,” Ronaldo, 33, said on Instagram Live over the weekend. "They want to promote my name. It’s normal. They want to be famous to say my name, but it is part of the job. I am happy, man, and all good.”
Kathryn Mayorga opened up over the weekend to German magazine Der Spiegel about the alleged rape in a Las Vegas hotel room in June 2009, a year after the magazine discovered the 2010 out-of-court settlement between her and Ronaldo; Mayorga was anonymous at the time.
Mayorga, now 34, told Der Spiegel that she met Ronaldo at a nightclub at the Palms Casino with a friend. They eventually moved the party to his penthouse at the Palms Place at the soccer star’s suggestion. When the group decided to go into the hot tub, Mayorga claims she went into the bathroom to change into a bathing suit that Ronaldo lent her.
There, she said, he came in through the adjoining bedroom and exposed himself.
"Basically he ... he begged me to touch his penis for 30 seconds," she told Der Spiegel. "When I wouldn't touch it, he begged me to suck it. Like, what an idiot! (...) I was laughing at him because I thought, 'Is this a joke?' This guy that is so famous and so hot ... he's a frickin' loser and a creep."
Mayorga told the magazine that she offered to kiss him, but refused to touch his penis.
“He starts to come on to me very strong. And he starts to do stuff to me and touch me and grab me and go down on me,” she said.
She claims that one of his friends walked in at that point, but when she tried to leave, Ronaldo pulled her back into the bedroom.
"I turned away. He tried to take my underwear off. I turned away from him and curled up into a ball. And I was holding my vagina. And that's when he jumped on me,” she told Der Spiegel, insisting she kept saying “no.”
She alleged that he anally raped her without using protection.
Mayorga claims she went back to the hot tub, but drove to the hospital after the party ended.
“There was this terrible pain, every heartbeat,” she told the magazine.
A day later, she reported the alleged assault to the police and underwent an examination at the University Medical Center. She claims she wouldn’t name her attacker until her lawyer encouraged her to do so.
A spokesperson for the Las Vegas Police Department did not immediately return a request for comment.
Mayorga’s attorney, Leslie Mark Stovall, told Der Spiegel that Mayorga and Ronaldo made an out-of-court agreement in which he paid her $375,000 and she promised never to speak publicly of the alleged rape.
Now, however, he has filed a civil complaint to void the NDA in order to “hold Cristiano Ronaldo responsible within a civil court of law for the injuries he has caused Kathryn Mayorga and the consequences of those injuries.”
The Daily News confirmed that the documents were filed in Clark County District Court Friday.
“I’ve had like these serious breakdowns,” Mayorga told the magazine. “And again, blaming of the rape. And I blame him, and I blame myself for signing that thing.”
Ronaldo’s lawyer told Reuters that he intends to sue Der Spiegel for “moral damages,” but the magazine’s deputy editor-in-chief said no lawsuit has been filed.
Ronaldo, a five-time winner of the Ballon d’Or, is currently playing his first season with Juventus after nine years with Real Madrid.