One of the leading figures in UFC says Conor McGregor 's*** on all of us' with his alleged New York City attack

  • Conor McGregor tarnished the UFC brand when he was recorded on video throwing a trolley at a bus carrying UFC fighters last week.
  • That's according to UFC announcer Bruce Buffer, who said he is "horrified" by the incident.
  • Buffer had a simple message for McGregor: "You s*** on all of us with that one move."

 

Conor McGregor tarnished the UFC brand when he was recorded on video throwing a trolley at a bus carrying UFC fighters, according to UFC announcer Bruce Buffer.

McGregor, a former two-time UFC world champion, reportedly stormed a UFC press conference in New York City last week, then attacked a team bus and smashed a window leaving two athletes requiring hospital treatment.

A New York Police Department spokesman confirmed to Business Insider that McGregor was charged with three counts of assault and one count of criminal mischief when he turned himself in to the 78th precinct in Brooklyn.

Buffer condemned McGregor and said he "s*** on all of us" in an interview with TMZ Sports.

"[I was] horrified. Never did I think anything like this could ever happen in my 22 years of being in the UFC and doing everything I can in my life to build this great brand and to support this fantastic sport. It’s like you s*** on all of us with that one move. That’s not what we’re about."

8 PHOTOS
Conor McGregor appears in court after bus attack
See Gallery
Conor McGregor appears in court after bus attack
Mixed martial arts fighter Conor McGregor stands during his arraignment in a New York City courtroom on charges of assault in New York, NY, U.S., April 6, 2018. Mary Altaffer/Pool via REUTERS
NEW YORK, NY - APRIL 06: Ultimate fighting star Conor McGregor is arraigned in Brooklyn Criminal court on April 6, 2018 in New York City. McGregor is facing criminal charges in the wake of a backstage melee he allegedly instigated that has forced the removal of three fighters from UFC's biggest card of the year. Video footage appears to show the promotion's most bankable star throwing a hand truck at a bus full of fighters after a Thursday news conference for UFC 223 at Brooklyn's Barclays Center. (Photo by Mary Altaffer-Pool/Getty Images)
NEW YORK, NY - APRIL 06: Ultimate fighting star Conor McGregor stands with his lawyer Jim Walden during an arraignment in Brooklyn Criminal court on April 6, 2018 in New York City. McGregor is facing criminal charges in the wake of a backstage melee he allegedly instigated that has forced the removal of three fighters from UFC's biggest card of the year. Video footage appears to show the promotion's most bankable star throwing a hand truck at a bus full of fighters after a Thursday news conference for UFC 223 at Brooklyn's Barclays Center. (Photo by Mary Altaffer-Pool/Getty Images)
Irish Mixed Martial Arts fighter Conor McGregor (L) stands with his lawyer Jim Walden during his arraignment at the Kings County (Brooklyn) Criminal Court on April 6, 2018 in New York. McGregor was charged with assault and criminal mischief by New York police on April 6, 2018 and was due to appear in court. The 29-year-old superstar reportedly surrendered at a Brooklyn police station late Thursday after allegedly attacking a shuttle bus loaded with fellow mixed martial arts fighters attending a New York media event at the Barclays Center stadium.Video footage showed McGregor hurling a dolly through a side window of the bus as it moved slowly in a parking lot at the stadium in Brooklyn. / AFP PHOTO / POOL / Mary ALTAFFER (Photo credit should read MARY ALTAFFER/AFP/Getty Images)
Irish Mixed Martial Arts fighter Conor McGregor leaves the Kings County (Brooklyn) Criminal Court on April 6, 2018 in New York. Irish Mixed Martial Arts fighter Conor McGregor was charged with assault and criminal mischief by New York police on April 6, 2018 and was due to appear in court. The 29-year-old superstar reportedly surrendered at a Brooklyn police station late Thursday after allegedly attacking a shuttle bus loaded with fellow mixed martial arts fighters attending a New York media event at the Barclays Center stadium.Video footage showed McGregor hurling a dolly through a side window of the bus as it moved slowly in a parking lot at the stadium in Brooklyn. / AFP PHOTO / ANGELA WEISS (Photo credit should read ANGELA WEISS/AFP/Getty Images)
Irish Mixed Martial Arts fighter Conor McGregor leaves the Kings County (Brooklyn) Criminal Court on April 6, 2018 in New York. Irish Mixed Martial Arts fighter Conor McGregor was charged with assault and criminal mischief by New York police on April 6, 2018 and was due to appear in court. The 29-year-old superstar reportedly surrendered at a Brooklyn police station late Thursday after allegedly attacking a shuttle bus loaded with fellow mixed martial arts fighters attending a New York media event at the Barclays Center stadium.Video footage showed McGregor hurling a dolly through a side window of the bus as it moved slowly in a parking lot at the stadium in Brooklyn. / AFP PHOTO / ANGELA WEISS (Photo credit should read ANGELA WEISS/AFP/Getty Images)
A sign is viewed outside where Irish Mixed Martial Arts fighter Conor McGregor will appear at Brooklyn Court April 6, 2018 in New York. Irish Mixed Martial Arts fighter Conor McGregor was charged with assault and criminal mischief by New York police on April 6, 2018 and was due to appear in court. The 29-year-old superstar reportedly surrendered at a Brooklyn police station late Thursday after allegedly attacking a shuttle bus loaded with fellow mixed martial arts fighters attending a New York media event at the Barclays Center stadium.Video footage showed McGregor hurling a dolly through a side window of the bus as it moved slowly in a parking lot at the stadium in Brooklyn. / AFP PHOTO / ANGELA WEISS (Photo credit should read ANGELA WEISS/AFP/Getty Images)
Mixed martial arts fighter Conor McGregor stands during his arraignment in a New York City courtroom on charges of assault in New York, NY, U.S., April 6, 2018. Mary Altaffer/Pool via REUTERS TPX IMAGES OF THE DAY
HIDE CAPTION
SHOW CAPTION
of
SEE ALL
BACK TO SLIDE

The attack left two fighters — Michael Chiesa and Ray Borg — requiring medical treatment. Borg suffered an eye injury from shattered glass, while Chiesa suffered multiple cuts to the face, according to MMAFighting journalist Ariel Helwani.

Buffer added: "As a whole, everyone has their own personal reaction, but I think it’s total disgust. I could say a lot of words. We’ll see how it all pans out. There’s no excuse for it. It’s an insult. It’s disgusting. I mean, that’s not what we’re about."

McGregor has been widely criticised from senior figures in combat sports. UFC commentator Joe Rogan said "it's pathetic" and "it's disgusting" when he was on-air, commentating at UFC 223, on Fox Sports 1 on Saturday.

UFC president Dana White said McGregor is guilty of "completely irrational behaviour" when he spoke on Fox Sports 1 show "First Things First."

McGregor was released on a $50,000 bail after appearing in a New York City court on Friday. He was granted permission to travel outside the United States but has another court appearance on June 14.

NOW WATCH: Facebook can still track you even if you delete your account — here's how to stop it

See Also:

SEE ALSO: Conor McGregor charged with 3 counts of assault after bizarre attack on UFC press event

DON'T MISS: Conor McGregor believes he was right to kick off a crazy fight that got him charged with assault

UP NEXT: Conor McGregor will be fine — because UFC is notoriously lenient on its biggest stars

Read Full Story