Meet 6 of the most prominent young people leading the fight against gun violence
- Young people galvanized by the Valentine's Day school massacre in Parkland, Florida, are leading the movement against gun violence.
- Here are some of the most prominent faces of the #NeverAgain movement.
A group of Parkland shooting survivors led the charge in organizing Saturday's "March for Our Lives" in Washington — an event emulated in hundreds of cities and towns across the country and around the globe.
They were joined on stage by many others who've been touched by gun violence, including young people of color whose communities have been disproportionately impacted.
In the weeks since the massacre at Majory Stoneman Douglas High School in Florida, some of the young activists have become targets for right-wing conspiracy theories and viciously attacked online by those, including sitting lawmakers, who disagree with their positions on gun regulation.
Meet some of the young people leading the movement against gun violence:
- A doctored photo showing a prominent Parkland shooting survivor ripping up the Constitution went viral on right-wing social media
- Stunning photos show how many people joined the March for Our Lives protests in cities across the US
- 'You can't fix stupid but you can vote it out': Here are some of the best signs from the March for Our Lives protests