Rescue dogs acted as ball boys and girls at the Brasil Open tennis tournament — and the pictures are amazing
- Dogs were used as ball boys and ball girls at a tennis tournament in Brazil.
- The six canines, who had all been abandoned, were taken in by an organisation that re-homes animals.
- Their retrieval skills were put to the test at the Brasil Open — and the photos are incredible.
When it comes to cute animal photographs in sports, it is game, set, and match to the Brasil Open, a recent tennis tournament in São Paulo.
The ATP World Tour event had rescue dogs act as ball boys and girls during part of the competition.
Bobby, Duda, Gabriel, Kika, Mel, and Thor had all been abandoned on the city streets and taken in by Patinhas Unidas, a non-governmental organisation that looks to re-home animals.
The six dogs were put on show after the semi-final match between Nicolás Jarry and Horacio Zeballos, where they put their retrieving skills to the test.
Coaches and players knocked balls around the court, and the dogs did their best to catch them in hopes of finding potential new owners.
Click the arrows below to scroll through the photos.
If you haven't had enough, there's even more here.
- A look inside the marriage of the richest couple in history, Jeff and MacKenzie Bezos — who met at work, were engaged in 3 months, and own more land than almost anyone else in America
- A day in the life of the richest person in history, Jeff Bezos — who made $6.44 billion in one day and still washes the dishes after dinner
- This is everything tennis champion Serena Williams eats for breakfast, lunch, and dinner