Woman’s purse randomly catches fire during city council meeting

A city council meeting in Boulder City, Nevada was recently interrupted when a woman's purse exploded, reports KTNV.

A Facebook post from the city notes that she, "jumped out of her seat in the back of the room, and sparks and smoke were coming out of her purse."

The area fire chief Kevin Nicholson who was in attendance "helped the woman. There were flames on the front of her shirt. [He] ushered the woman outside and chambers were cleared as the smell of smoke was in the air."

The woman received treatment for minor burns before being released.

According to Nicholson, "There was a battery malfunction in her purse that ignited her purse."

See photos from the unusual incident:

4 PHOTOS
Woman's purse catches fire during city council meeting
See Gallery
Woman's purse catches fire during city council meeting
A city council meeting in Boulder City, Nevada was recently interrupted when a woman’s purse exploded, reports KTNV.
A city council meeting in Boulder City, Nevada was recently interrupted when a woman’s purse exploded, reports KTNV.
A city council meeting in Boulder City, Nevada was recently interrupted when a woman’s purse exploded, reports KTNV.
HIDE CAPTION
SHOW CAPTION
of
SEE ALL
BACK TO SLIDE

Read Full Story

Sign up for Breaking News by AOL to get the latest breaking news alerts and updates delivered straight to your inbox.

Subscribe to our other newsletters

Emails may offer personalized content or ads. Learn more. You may unsubscribe any time.