A French fitness blogger reportedly died after a whipped cream dispenser exploded into her chest.
Citing local reports in France, the BBC reports that Rebecca Burger, who had a massive social media following, died of cardiac arrest despite being attended to by emergency personnel.
Her family announced her tragic death on Facebook, calling it a "domestic incident."
A warning about the faulty dispenser that took Burger's life was shared to Instagram. The message said the whipped cream canister "exploded and struck Rebecca's chest, causing her death."
Voici un exemple de siphon à chantilly qui a explosé et percuté le thorax de Rebecca, entraînant son décès. Précision : le siphon qui a engendré sa mort quant à lui été mis sous scellé. N'utilisez pas ce genre d'ustensile chez vous ! Plusieurs dizaines de milliers d'appareils défectueux sont encore en circulation.
A post shared by Rebecca Burger (@rebeccablikes) on Jun 20, 2017 at 12:08pm PDT
A post shared by Rebecca Burger (@rebeccablikes) on Jun 21, 2017 at 9:07am PDT
The BBC said a French consumer group warned readers for years about faulty connectors in the cans that could break and allow gas capsules to be expelled at high speeds.
Such dispensers have been involved in accidents as far back as far as 2010 and could occur even after years of use.
The warning that Burger's family issued on Instagram states that this type of device can be extremely dangerous, as many defective ones are still in circulation.
Look back on Burger's life: