Hash browns recalled for possibly having golf ball pieces in them

Hash browns are being recalled in several states because they may have bits of chopped up golf balls in them.

The FDA confirmed McCain Foods USA is voluntarily recalling 2-pound-bags of Harris Teeter Brand Frozen Southern Style Hash Browns.

The company says golf balls were quote "inadvertently harvested" along with the potatoes.

North Carolina, South Carolina, Virginia, Washington, D.C., Delaware, Florida, Georgia and Maryland were affected by the recall.

See product recalls from 2016:

Product recalls 2016
See Gallery
Product recalls 2016

The Consumer Safety Commission announced a safety recall on September 15, 2016 for Samsung's Galaxy Note 7 smartphone after users reported that some of the devices caught fire when charging.

(George Frey/Getty Images)

Snickers bars are seen in this picture illustration taken February 23, 2016. Mars Inc has recalled chocolate bars and other products in 55 countries, mainly in Europe, after bits of plastic were found in a Snickers bar in Germany, the U.S. chocolate maker said on Tuesday. All of the recalled products, which include Mars, Snickers and Milky Way bars, were manufactured at a Dutch factory in Veghel, according to a Mars spokeswoman. The recall follows a January 8th complaint from a consumer in Germany, who said she found red plastic in a Snickers bar and sent it back to the company.

(REUTERS/Dado Ruvic)

August 2, 2016
RECALL ALERT: Starbucks announced that it is recalling a stainless steel beverage straw: https://t.co/oK03QAp5Or
Samsung to recall 2.8 million washing machines in the United States https://t.co/0eQ5RckbJ0
Recall Alert: Kidde recalls more than 5 million combination smoke, CO Alarms https://t.co/4swj2uGowt https://t.co/dSZwOjw9CN
FDA: Mislabeled Heinz Homestyle Gravy recalled https://t.co/msvFvXFlEq https://t.co/BDmYklwtdf

Illinois and Wisconsin also has a recall on a similar product, Roundy's hash browns in the same Southern style from Marianos, Metro Market and Pick'n Save locations.

No injuries have been reported at this time, but the pieces could be a choking hazard.

Read Full Story