Adorable photo of child goes horribly wrong when snake sneaks into the background

When Bianca Dickinson's 2-year-old daughter was playing around in the driveway of their home on Monday, she thought she would snap a few cute photos of the child. Instead, she got a terrifying surprise.

The toddler, Molly, was enjoying herself at their Victoria, Australia, house when a large, venomous snake sneaked into the shot. Dickinson did not even notice it at the time.

She shared the warning to Facebook:

"I was looking through my camera lens and was looking at my daughter. I saw something move in the corner of my eye and actually thought it was bark coming off the tree — yesterday in Victoria it was quite windy — I then looked up to see where the bark had gone," she told ABC News.

After she thought about it for a moment, Dickinson realized that the "bark" she saw was actually a deadly serpent. Though it moved away from Molly, it was still a terrifying threat.

"All my instincts wanted to run and pick her up and scream and run away," she told ABC News. "I stayed still and luckily so did she and it just slithered off."

According to Mashable, it's not known if the snake was an eastern brown or a king brown -- but both are highly venomous.

It's always a good idea to look closely at your surroundings before posing for a photo!

Read Full Story