Girl badly burned by homemade slime

Before you go, we thought you'd like these...
Before you go close icon
​​​​​​

A young girl's seemingly innocent science project went horribly wrong.

Siobhan Quinn didn't stop her daughter, Kathleen, from making homemade slime from a popular DIY recipe.

"I thought it was great. I encouraged it and bought all the stuff. And then when it was gone, I bought more. She was being a little scientist," Quinn told WCVB.

Unfortunately, though, it seriously backfired. While Kathleen was at a sleepover, she woke up in extreme pain.

Credit: WCVB

The young girl told WCVB, "It felt like really hot and tingly."

When her mother picked her up from the sleepover, she was crying in pain. Siobhan took her to Shriners Hospital -- where they treated her for second and third-degree burns.

Siobhan warns other parents about their children making "DIY slime." Thankfully, Kathleen is expected to make a full recovery.

Read Full Story

Sign up for Breaking News by AOL to get the latest breaking news alerts and updates delivered straight to your inbox.

Subscribe to our other newsletters

Emails may offer personalized content or ads. Learn more. You may unsubscribe any time.

From Our Partners

Don't Get Too Close To a Newborn Giraffe Unless You Want to Get Kicked in the Nuts Don't Get Too Close To a Newborn Giraffe Unless You Want to Get Kicked in the Nuts
Nature Gets Revenge On Safari Hunter Who Killed Elephants And Lions For Sport Nature Gets Revenge On Safari Hunter Who Killed Elephants And Lions For Sport
Man Suspects His Wife Is Cheating On Him - Then His Daughter Reveals What's Really Going Man Suspects His Wife Is Cheating On Him - Then His Daughter Reveals What's Really Going