Father loses seven teeth and suffers severe burns after vape pen explodes in his face

An Idaho man says he lost seven teeth and and was left with second-degree burns to his cheek after a vape pen exploded in his face.

Andrew Hall, a car salesman in Pocatello, Idaho, was smoking while getting ready for work on January 14 when the e-cigarette exploded, according to WPIX.

Hall shared the following graphic photos of the injury on Facebook, warning others to be careful with similar devices.

"Well, it's been a really rough 24 hours+ but I feel I have to share," he wrote. "Yesterday morning I was getting ready for work when I had something happen to me that I didn't expect possible. I'm currently in the ICU and doing well so rest assured and these are very graphic photos."

Click to see the photos:

"I Vape (I know, terrible and uncool) but I no longer do and I hope to possible sway those that do to maybe reevaluate or find other methods of smoking," he continued.

I've been doing this for about a year now and assure you I did not do anything I wasn't supposed to ... but it exploded in my face. I've lost at least 7 teeth, 2nd degree burns to face and neck and have been pulling chunks of plastic, teeth and foreign objects from mouth, throat and lips.

Since he posted the gory photos on January 15, they've racked up nearly half a million shares and 135,000 comments.

In a subsequent post, the father of three showed the extensive damage caused to the bathroom he was in at the time of the incident -- and judging by the looks of it, he is lucky to have even survived the explosion.

Apparently, the blast was so strong that it cracked his bathroom countertop wide open.

Hall is reportedly recovering in the ICU of a hospital in Pocatella following the accident.