Four children are dead after what appears to be an accidental poisoning inTexas.
Fire officials in Amarillo say the children died after someone at their mobile home tried to wash away a pesticide that had been sprayed under the home.
See more related to this story:
Mangshan Pit Viper - Venomous Snake
A view of a young Komodo dragon Ivan, one of two males Komodo dragons at the Bioparco zoo in Rome, on May 15, 2014. AFP PHOTO / TIZIANA FABI (Photo credit should read TIZIANA FABI/AFP/Getty Images)
A Poison dark frog (Oophaga lehmanni), is photographed in a laboratory at the zoo in Cali, Colombia, on April 21, 2015. The zoo of Cali, has the largest amphibians laboratory in the country, where they perform studies on the conservation of some amphibian species in danger of extinction. Colombia has the second largest biodiversity in the world. Activists across the globe will celebrate Earth Day on April 22 with events aimed at bringing awareness of environmental concerns. AFP PHOTO/LUIS ROBAYO (Photo credit should read LUIS ROBAYO/AFP/Getty Images)
Discover More Like This
BACK TO SLIDE
It seems the water mixed with the pesticide, aluminum phosphide, caused a reaction that produced a toxic gas.
Five others were in the house at the time, and they were taken to the hospital.
According to a local station, several first responders also needed to be checked out at the hospital.
Aluminum phosphide is a chemical that is used to kill insects and rodents. The EPA lists the chemical in the highest Toxicity Category.