E-cigarette explosion on bus leaves man with third-degree burns
Terrifying moments were caught on video after an electronic cigarette exploded in a California man's pocket on Wednesday while he was riding on a Fresno area bus.
The 53-year-old man is seen putting the device into his pocket. But soon after, it sparks and then violently explodes causing quite the unexpected scene for the other bus passengers.
Owner of Satyr Vapor in Fresno, Adam Wooddy, saw the video and said of the device's battery, "batteries have a wrap around them and if that wrap gets torn it makes the battery very unstable, especially if that battery has dings and dents-- basically a ticking time bomb."
Local news reports that the man may have left the electronic cigarette on in his pocket, causing the device to overheat. The man suffered third degree burns to his right hand and thigh but is expected to recover from his injuries.