Bloodied man recounts his horrific bear attack in graphic video

Warning: The following video and story contain graphic images

A Montana man had a terrifying, violent encounter with a mother bear and her cubs and he took the time to film the aftermath.

Todd Orr posted a Facebook video on Sunday after he was attacked by a mother bear twice before he was finally able to walk to safety. Bloodied and beaten, Orr, who lives in Bozeman, Montana, filmed the following video once he finally reached safety.

SEE ALSO: Runaway bear leads Anchorage police on an epic chase downtown

"Yeah, life sucks in bear country," Orr says at the start of the clip.

According to the Montana Standard, the attack occurred on Saturday while Orr was out scouting for potential hunting locations on the North Fork of Bear Creek in the Madison Range. There, Orr encountered a mother grizzly bear and her two cubs between 7:15 and 7:30 a.m.

The mother bear charged Orr, who then sprayed her with bear spray. Unfortunately, the spray was not enough to deter the bear and Orr sustained multiple injuries to his head and arms.

"But legs are good, internal organs are good, eyes are good. I just walked out three miles. Now I gotta go to the hospital," Orr said in the clip.

Orr described the attack in detail in another post on his Facebook page.

Orr then made the three-mile trek back to his truck, but the bear wasn't done yet.

After biting Orr's head, arms and shoulder, the bear then stood on him.

Orr managed to play dead, and eventually the bear lost interest and left. Bloodied and beaten, Orr walked the remaining distance to his truck, where he was able to film the clip, phone 911 and drive himself to the hospital.

Orr says he spent eight hours in the hospital in order to treat his wounds. He was fortunate to walk away with a nasty gash on his head, a chipped ulna bone in his forearm and numerous bruises and scratches.

But Orr has a good attitude about the whole thing, which can clearly be seen in the calm clip posted above.

"Not my best day, but I'm alive," Orr wrote on Facebook. "So thankful I'm here to share with all of you."

Related: Woman attacked by bear laughed at 'The Revenant'

Woman attacked by bear laughed at the Revenant
See Gallery
Woman attacked by bear laughed at the Revenant

(Photo: Inside Edition)

(Photo: Inside Edition)

(Photo: Inside Edition)

(Photo: Inside Edition)


Read Full Story