Sprinkle some fun in your life with this Funfetti birthday cake
Welcome to Best Bites, a twice-weekly video series that aims to satisfy your never-ending craving for food content through quick, beautiful videos for the at-home foodie. Check back on Tuesdays and Thursdays for new episodes!
Add a little color to your life with this delicious funfetti chocolate birthday cake. Made with rich and decadent chocolate cake, it's frosted with cool cream cheese ice cream. On the outside, it's coated with bright and sugary sprinkles and a chocolate drizzle.
This DIY funfetti birthday cake will take boring boxed cake to new levels.
- 1/2 cup of butter
- 1 cup of granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- Cake flour
- 3/4 cup of buttermilk
- Rainbow sprinkles
- Cake rounds
- Cream cheese frosting
- Chocolate ganache
- Cream butter, sugar and eggs together.
- Add a splash of vanilla, 1/2 cup of cake flour and buttermilk.
- Add another 1/2 of cake flour to the mixture!
- Sprinkle 1 cup of sprinkles and mix!
- Pour into 6" cake rounds and bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
After it's done baking...
- Spread frosting in between cake layers and frost sides.
- Chill in the refrigerator.
- Coat sides with sprinkles, sprinkles and more sprinkles.
- Drizzle chocolate ganache on top.
Looking to celebrate some more? Try making this spicy cucumber margarita!
More from In The Know: