Not every cut, bruise or scrape requires a visit to the emergency room. In fact, Doctor Mike’s first aid tips will keep you out of the doctor’s office and recovering in no time. Read on for his doctor-approved tips!
1. Nose bleeds may seem scary, but it’s important to remain calm and refrain from tilting your head back when you have one. Instead, you can slow down bleeding by leaning forward and squeezing the soft area on the highest part of your nose.
2. Bumps and bruises, be gone! Arnica Bruise Cream provides natural pain relief due to its anti-inflammatory benefits — just keep it away from open wounds.
3. Menthol muscle rubs will help alleviate muscle aches by distracting your nervous system from focusing on the pain.
4. Make your own butterfly bandaid at home with scissors and save money!
5. Protect yourself from mosquito bites with insect repellent and long-sleeved clothing! If you do get bitten, basil can reduce itchiness because of the eugenol found in the plant.
More from In The Know: