Christmas gifts 2019: Retro, vintage-inspired holiday present ideas for the old soul
Our team is dedicated to finding and telling you more about the products and deals we love. If you love them too and decide to purchase through the links below, we may receive a commission. Pricing and availability are subject to change.
We all know someone who's so undeniably cool that they're impossible to shop for.
For the sister — or brother, boyfriend, girlfriend, dad, grandma, uncle, you get it — whose taste is too well-honed for the typical Christmas box, you'll want to find something unique. Vintage stores often house awesome, one-of-a-kind gifts, but they can be a real toss-up if you're not quite sure what you're looking to find. (If you're short on time, one solid option is working with a virtual personal shopping service like Jetblack, which functions entirely over text message.)
Before you start scrounging through antique shops (which we do recommend! It's always fun!), take a look at these retro but easy-to-order gifts that will delight even the coolest guy or gal you know.
1. A gorgeous coffee table book of rare '70s snaps: "Stoned: Photographs and Treasures From Life with the Rolling Stones" is a brand-new release due out Nov. 5, 2019. Buy it on Amazon Prime for $22.49
2. Gorgeous turntable with Bluetooth and USB outs for converting vinyl to digital sound: Who wouldn't want to see this beautiful thing in their living room? Buy it at Nordstrom for $99.95
3. Classic board games that look like vintage books: This set of 3 includes Scrabble, Monopoly and Clue, all of which live inside hard-cover "books" that look stunning on any shelf. Buy it on Amazon Prime for $99.95
4. Ray-Ban 51mm squared aviators: We especially like them in this gold/brown color combo. Timeless. Buy on Nordstrom for $168.00
5. Black or gray classic Levi's denim jacket: If he doesn't have one, he needs one. If he already has one, he needs a new one because it's really, really beat up. Buy on Nordstrom for $99
6. Glass teapot with removable infuser: It looks great, it works great and it's under $20. Buy it on Amazon for $19.99
7. FAO Schwartz giant piano mat: Sure, it's usually for kids, but it's also a cool, kind of weird thing to just have in the house. Buy it at Nordstrom for $79.99
8. Vintage-style bluetooth radio: It's a gorgeous (and functional) mini statement piece for any room in the house or apartment. Buy it at Nordstrom for $69.95