This is the perfect jalapeño cornbread recipe
Welcome to Best Bites, a twice-weekly video series that aims to satisfy your never-ending craving for food content through quick, beautiful videos for the at-home foodie. Check back on Tuesdays and Thursdays for new episodes!
It wouldn't be Thanksgiving dinner without a freshly baked cornbread on the table, and our version has a delicious jalapeño kick. Serve straight out of the pan with a slather of butter.
- 1 1/2 cups cornmeal flour
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- black pepper
- 3 eggs
- 1 3/4 buttermilk
- 2 chopped jalapeños
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 375° F.
- Mix cornmeal, whole wheat flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda and black pepper in a medium-sized bowl.
- Whisk eggs and buttermilk until completely smooth in a separate bowl.
- Whisk buttermilk mixture and dry ingredients together. Add jalapeños and melted butter and mix until well-combined.
- Pour mixture into a cast iron skillet and bake for 25-35 minutes, or until slightly browned on top.
- Slice and serve with butter.