This recipe for pumpkin risotto is the fall food you must try
Welcome to Best Bites, a twice-weekly video series that aims to satisfy your never-ending craving for food content through quick, beautiful videos for the at-home foodie. Check back on Tuesdays and Thursdays for new episodes!
Next time you're looking for a comforting fall dish, try this delicious pumpkin and sage risotto.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 garlic clove, diced
- 1 1/4 cups arborio rice
- 3/4 cups dry white wine
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 2 sage leaves
- 1/4 cup canned pumpkin purée
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1 1/2 cups radicchio, chopped
- Parmesan cheese and fried sage leaves for garnish
- Melt butter in a deep saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and garlic and cook for 2-3 minutes, or until onions are tender and slightly translucent.
- Add rice and stir for one minute while it cooks.
- Add wine to the saucepan and cook until all of the wine is absorbed.
- Slowly add chicken broth, stirring and cooking until all of the broth is absorbed.
- Then, gradually add water, stirring and cooking until it is totally absorbed.
- When rice is tender, mix in pumpkin purée and cook for one minute.
- Add 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese and stir. Then, stir in radicchio.
- Serve right away and garnish with fresh Parmesan and fried sage leaves.
Love pumpkin? Try it in these breakfast recipes below!