The most popular Halloween costumes of 2019
Our editorial team is dedicated to finding and telling you more about the products and deals we love. If you love them too and decide to purchase through the links below, we may receive a commission.
If you're still scrambling for your Halloween costume, let Google Frightgeist serve as some inspiration for your Oct. 31st celebrations. The search engine has compiled a list of the country's most searched costumes this year, with IT's creepy clown Pennywise taking the top spot. Scroll through below to see what else made Google's trending list, from unicorns to Spider-Man to even Fortnite.
1. IT: The evil clown Pennywise, initially dreamt up by Stephen King, is seeing a resurgence this Halloween after "IT Chapter Two" was released this past September.
2. Witch: Witches have been one of the most classic Halloween costumes since forever. Pair this hat with a black robe and maybe some green face paint, and you've got yourself the perfect DIY costume.
3. Spider-Man: No matter if it was Tobey Maguire, Andrew Garfield or Tom Holland who stole your heart, Spider-Man will always be a winning choice for Halloween.
4. Dinosaur: This inflatable T-REX costume, inspired by "Jurassic World," is one of Amazon's best-selling costumes, garnering over 4,600 reviews and four stars.
5. Descendants: The Disney Channel film that stars Dove Cameron and Cameron Boyce was released back in 2015, but continues to be a trending costume for kids and pre-teens who are fans of the popular television film.
6. Clown: Whether you're on the prowl for the top trending Pennywise costume (see above!) or maybe hope to find a more family-friendly clown, this costume is adorable for any kind of trick-or-treater, no matter their age.
7. Fortnite: The game has become a worldwide sensation for video gamers, and also snags a spot on this year's trending Halloween costumes.
8. Chucky: This list wouldn't be complete without Chucky, the villainous doll who was popularized in the 1988 film Child's Play and its various spinoffs.
9. The 1980s: From leg warmers to perms, pouf skirts to Wayne's World, throw it back to the decade with these costumes.
10. Unicorn: Because why not?