This Instant Pot tom yum soup is perfect for a chilly day
Welcome to Best Bites, a twice-weekly video series that aims to satisfy your never-ending craving for food content through quick, beautiful videos for the at-home foodie. Check back on Tuesdays and Thursdays for new episodes!
Try your hand at Thai and learn how to cook a simple tom yum soup in today's episode of Best Bites!
- 1 pound chicken thighs
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 1 stalk lemon grass, plus 1 stalk diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried crushed chili
- 3 kaffir lime leaves
- 3/4 cup fresh shiitake mushrooms
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 6-8 cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 can coconut milk or to taste
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 lemon wedges
- white rice, cooked
- fresh coriander (for garnish)
Place all ingredients listed into Instant Pot, excluding white rice and coriander. Cook for 40 minutes, followed by a 15 minute natural release.
Serve over white rice and garnish with fresh coriander.