Welcome to Health Hacks with Doctor Mike, a weekly video series to learn the latest tips and tricks to ensure you're as healthy as can be.
Whereas going to the doctor is oftentimes seen as a hassle, and even a fear for some, your yearly checkups are essential for ensuring your body (and therefore mind!) is running smoothly.
See his top tips below or you can learn more of his recommendations in the video above!
1. Make sure you find a quality primary care physician to prevent problems from arising in the first place.
2. Do your research to get the best personal care!
3. Don't be afraid to ask questions -- and good doctors will love to answer them.
4. Keep good records! Medical history is crucial for doctors to give the right diagnosis and treatment.
5. Avoid "I Know All" experts. Medicine is as much an art as it is a science -- no good doctor is going to pretend to know it all.