This maple pumpkin bread pudding will be your new favorite fall dessert
Welcome to Best Bites, a twice-weekly video series that aims to satisfy your never-ending craving for food content through quick, beautiful videos for the at-home foodie. Check back on Tuesdays and Thursdays for new episodes!
Say hello to your new favorite fall dessert! This maple and pumpkin bread pudding is the ultimate comfort food.
Total Time: 40 mins
Servings: 12 servings
- 1 1/2 cup fresh pumpkin puree
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 2 large eggs plus 1 yolk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 loaf Challah bread, sliced into 1" cubes
- 1/2 cup butter melted
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1/4 cup pecans
- 1/4 cup cream cheese frosting (for drizzle)
- Preheat the oven to 350° F.
- Whisk together pumpkin, cream, milk, maple syrup, cinnamon, eggs, the extra egg yolk and salt in a bowl.
- Toss bread cubes with the melted butter in another bowl, then pour the pumpkin mixture over the bread pieces and toss to coat.
- Transfer the bread to an 8-inch baking dish and bake for 10 minutes.
- While it bakes, make the crumble by combining butter, rolled oats, sugar, flour and pecans to a food processor and pulse.
- Remove bread pudding from the oven and top with the crumble, patting it gently to hold it in place.
- Return pan with bread pudding to the oven for 15-20 minutes or until custard is set and the topping is golden.
- Once done, drizzle with cream cheese frosting and enjoy!