Here's how to make a classic pot roast in your Instant Pot
Welcome to Best Bites, a twice-weekly video series that aims to satisfy your never-ending craving for food content through quick, beautiful videos for the at-home foodie. Check back on Tuesdays and Thursdays for new episodes!
Nothing beats a homemade pot roast dinner! Learn how to make the same tender meat and potatoes in less time using an Instant Pot.
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3-5 pound beef roast chuck, round or brisket
- 6 cloves garlic, minced or chopped
- 2 cups red wine
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1 pound small potatoes
- 1 pound carrots, chopped
- 2 large spring onions, chopped
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme for garnish
- salt and pepper for seasoning
- Season both sides of the roast with salt and pepper. Add vegetable oil to your Instant Pot and sear roast until browned, about 3 to 4 minutes on each side using the sauté setting.
- Add garlic to pot and sauté 60 seconds. Deglaze pan with red wine and beef broth.
- Add vegetables to the Instant Pot.
- Close Instant Pot using lid and cook on high pressure for 60 minutes, followed by a 15 minute natural release. Then, switch the release valve to the venting position. Remove lid once steam has stopped coming out.
- Slice roast and garnish with fresh thyme. Serve with vegetables and enjoy!