This is the easiest homemade ravioli recipe
Welcome to Best Bites, a twice-weekly video series that aims to satisfy your never-ending craving for food content through quick, beautiful videos for the at-home foodie. Check back on Tuesdays and Thursdays for new episodes!
Making your own pasta has never been easier than with this simple ravioli recipe. Topped with a tomato sauce, it'll become a fast favorite with kids and parents alike.
Total Time: 1 hour 30 minutes
Makes: 48 to 60 ravioli (6 servings)
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour (+ a little extra for rolling and kneading)
- 2 eggs
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons water, divided
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon water
- filling of your choice (ricotta, spinach, ground beef, lobster, etc.)
- sauce of your choice
- grated cheese for topping (optional)
- In a food processor, combine flour, 2 eggs, and salt. Cover and process until well-combined.
- Add 2 tablespoons of water and mix again.
- Remove dough and shape it into a ball. On a lightly floured surface, knead dough for about one minute or until smooth. Keeping the dough in a ball, wrap it in plastic wrap and let it sit for 30 minutes.
- Divid dour into quarters and on a lightly floured surface, roll each quarter into a 12-inch square shape.
- Cut dough into 2-inch wide strips.
- Combine 1 egg and 1 tablespoon of water in a small bowl.
- Divide 4 teaspoons of the filling of your choice across one strip, leaving space in between each teaspoon.
- Brush egg mixture in between each teaspoon of filling and top with another strip of dough. Press down gently so filling is complete sealed between dough strips.
- Cut out 4 ravioli pieces.
- Repeat steps 7 though 9 with remaining dough strips.
- To cook ravioli, bring a large pot of salted water to boil. Gently drop in about a fourth of the ravioli and cook for 3-4 minutes while stirring to keep them from sticking to one another. Repeat with the remaining ravioli.
- Use a slotted spoon to remove ravioli from boiling water and place on a serving dish. Cover with your favorite sauce, cheese and serve.