Kids will love this dinosaur-themed lunch, from sandwiches to cookies to even a 'dinosaur egg'
Project Lunchbox prepares you for your best lunchtime game. Discover the many creative ways you can make delicious lunches for yourself and your kids.
Is your child a fan of dinosaurs? Here's some of our ideas to incorporate them into their lunchbox to make every meal a treat!
- 2 slices sandwich bread
- sliced salami
- sliced cheese
Tools needed:Dinosaur cookie cutter
- Spread mayonnaise on two slices of bread. Make a sandwich with cheese slice inside. Cut out a dinosaur shape with a cookie cutter.
- Use a paring knife to cut zig-zags down one side of the salami. Remove top piece of bread on dinosaur sandwich and lay salami on top of cheese, sticking out slightly to give the appearance of spikes along the dinosaur’s back.
- Top with the other slice of dinosaur-shaped bread and serve.
Dinosaur Footprint Cookies
- sugar cookie dough
- jelly or jam
Tools needed: Toy dinosaur
- Prepare cookie dough according to package instructions. Then, roll into balls.
- Flour the foot of a toy dinosaur to avoid sticking. Press the foot down into each ball of dough to create a footprint.
- Fill the footprint with jelly or jam of your choosing.
- Bake according to package instructions.
- Let cool and serve.
Dino Eggs in Mud Pudding
- chocolate pudding pack
- Oreo cookies, crushed
- Mini M&M's
- Sprinkle crushed Oreo cookie “dirt” onto chocolate pudding. Top with mini M&M's and serve.
Dinosaur Kiwi Egg
- 1 kiwi
- Using a paring knife, cut zig-zags around the kiwi, making sure to push the knife into the center. Pull apart and serve. Protip: Pack a spoon so kids can use it to scoop out the kiwi.